In 1974 Steve Hoel ventured to California, where he spent three days in the shop of Bob Loveless and Steve R. Johnson, when they were partners. This was his first real exposure to high quality handmade knives, an experience that gave him a big boost. He also developed a big interest in pocket knives at that time. Shortly thereafter he made his first interframe and multiblade folders. In 1978, he joined the Knifemakers Guild, and one year later he retired and began making knives full time.
- Semi-SkinnerBy: Hoel, SteveDate Added: 05/23/16Price: $4,195.00
- Engraved Model J LockbackBy: Hoel, SteveDate Added: 04/25/16Price: $1,495.00 Sale Price: $1,095.00
- Pair of Engraved LockbacksBy: Hoel, Steve, Waldrop, MarkDate Added: 09/18/15Price: $4,195.00 Sale Price: $3,295.00
- Engraved Model J LockbackBy: Hoel, SteveDate Added: 04/25/14Price: $3,195.00 Sale Price: $2,800.00
- Engraved LockbackBy: Hoel, SteveDate Added: 09/27/13Price: $2,295.00
- LockbackBy: Hoel, SteveDate Added: 09/20/13Price: $2,275.00