I started making knives about four years ago, I used to be a freelance Illustrator, and a sculptor, and sold my artwork in a gallery. I made a career change about ten years ago, and I was no longer producing any artwork, and needed a creative outlet. I had always been interested in knives as tools and as pieces of craftsmanship, and had been a knife collector since childhood. Since I had some experience in fabricating objects with metal, I set out to learn how to make knives. I have always been interested in, and felt a connection to Japanese history, their art and design, and after practicing the Japanese Martial Art ?Aikido? for many years, I became interested in the history, and the blade designs of Japanese edged weapons. The fact that every part of traditional Japanese weapons was an art form, really intrigued me, so I set out to learn everything that I could about the process. All of my knives are small, fixed blade knives, made from O-1 tool steel. On advice from different sources, this steel was recommended for its quality, and ease of heat treating, and I have learned to love its edge holding ability. Early on, I got some advice that I took to heart, don?t try to make knives from many types of steel, pick one, and master it. I really am enjoying the knife industry, what started out as a hobby, has turned into a side business, with more customers than I can handle. I am a part time maker, my full time employment is as a Fire Fighter/ EMT-basic/ FEO, with the St Paul Fire Department, in St Paul Minnesota.
- Carpenter's Angle Finder KnifeBy: Koi KnifeworksDate Added: 04/27/18Price: $395.00
- Seax Short with Custom SheathBy: Koi KnifeworksDate Added: 01/19/18Price: $825.00
- Safer Knife, "Sharp as Fu@k Emergency Response"By: Koi KnifeworksDate Added: 01/27/17Price: $795.00
- Bamboo Fixed BladeBy: Koi KnifeworksDate Added: 10/04/13Price: $295.00
- Fixed bladeBy: Koi KnifeworksDate Added: 08/23/13Price: $350.00
- Chopper with SheathBy: Koi KnifeworksDate Added: 08/16/13Price: $250.00