I was a high school woodshop teacher for 35 years. I've built custom furniture, custom gun stocks and in the mid 1980's I started building custom knives. By 1990, I was a full voting member of the Knifemakers Guild. 8 years ago I started taking engraving classes at the GRS training center, and since then I have completed 5 classes. These classes have allowed me to start engraving on some of my knives. I enjoy making all kinds of knives. I make straight knives, tactical folders and high end folders, with my favorite being high end automatics. My favorite locking mechanism is the front release lock blade, but I also make a large number of frame lock folders. I flat grind all blades. I use a large number of different blade steels and many different damascus steel varieties by different makers. At the 2008 Blade Show, one of my folders was judged Best Folder of the Show and later, after all the Blade Magazine related shows, this knife was voted Best Folder of the Year.
- Mid Size Dress Flipper - DamasteelBy: Newton, LarryDate Added: 03/21/18Price: $1,295.00
- Tactical FlipperBy: Newton, LarryDate Added: 11/09/17Price: $395.00
- Large Dress Tactical FlipperBy: Newton, LarryDate Added: 07/18/16Price: $1,195.00
- Dress TacticalBy: Newton, LarryDate Added: 03/24/16Price: $495.00
- Dress TacticalBy: Newton, LarryDate Added: 06/10/15Price: $595.00