Tom lives in Cullman, Alabama with his wife and 4 children. He is graduate of Auburn University and runs his own business, on top of making some of the finest slip joints available. Tom bought his first custom slip joint from Pat West and Pat suggested Tom buy a grinder and start making knives. A few years later he met Bill Ruple, who is the inspiration behind Tom's knife passion. Tom made his first slip joint in April 2009. Later that year he attended a slip joint class instructed by Bill Ruple and Rusty Preston. This was a big step forward in his knife career. Over the last few years, Tony Bose has been a big influence in Tom's knife building. Without Tony's help, Tom would have never been able to build a lock back whittler. Tony is a generous and kind man. Tom has won many awards including Best New Maker at Blade 2013.
- Lanny's ClipBy: Ploppert, TomDate Added: 08/06/19Price: $1,100.00
- Zulu SpearBy: Ploppert, TomDate Added: 08/02/19Price: $1,045.00
- WestingHouse Zulu SpearBy: Ploppert, TomDate Added: 06/21/19Price: $825.00
- Zulu SpearBy: Ploppert, TomDate Added: 02/11/19Price: $1,095.00
- Dino Slipjoint with Rag Micarta CoversBy: Ploppert, TomDate Added: 10/10/18Price: $1,045.00
- Slipjoint - Rag MicartaBy: Ploppert, TomDate Added: 03/27/18Price: $1,095.00