Pieter Swanepoel (Swanepoel Designs) is a full time knifemaker in Cape Town, South Africa. My first attempt at making a knife started in 2010. I read an article in a magazine about knife makers when I was a little boy.At the time I thought that is something I would love to try one day. That day came in 2010 and I decided to buy a piece of knife steel . N690 from Bohler was the preferred local steel so that is what I used. It was a big learning curve.I took forever to finish my knife with very basic tools. I learned how to hand rub a blade the hard way.Many hours of sweat fell on that blade before I was satisfied with it .It was worth it though. The satisfaction you get when seeing the end product is priceless. This was the beginning. I made a few more knives for myself that year.I kept experimenting and doing research to improve my skills while also designing new knives. It started as a hobby but turned into a means of surviving. Life does not go the way we plan it but it goes the way that God planned it for us. Knife making allows me to create.
- Evolver 3.6 #027By: Swanepoel, PieterDate Added: 12/23/19Price: $445.00 Sale Price: $350.00
- Evolver 3 #11By: Swanepoel, PieterDate Added: 07/26/19Price: $295.00
- Evolver 3 #10By: Swanepoel, PieterDate Added: 04/01/19Price: $345.00
- Evolver 3By: Swanepoel, PieterDate Added: 12/11/18Price: $450.00 Sale Price: $295.00
- Evolver 3 #19By: Swanepoel, PieterDate Added: 01/17/18Price: $495.00 Sale Price: $395.00
- Evolver 3 #19By: Swanepoel, PieterDate Added: 03/07/17Price: $495.00