The Yema "Bipôle Duopoly" wristwatch, known variously as the Yema Transanarctic Bi-Pole (Transantarctica Polar Navigational) or the BiPole, is visually arresting, unbelievably rugged, waterproof, and transparent through the Titanium watch body. (This is certainly a watch that catches people's attention and generates comments.) This 1990 wristwatch pushed the edge of high-tech rugged construction in the service of surviving extreme sports: titanium, carbon fiber, sapphire, and kevlar. Comes with original box, extra leather band and papers. Excellent condition.
- Large, 48mm solid titanium case. 60 grams.
- French FE7020 quartz movement.
- 362 silver oxide watch battery
- Waterproof to 300 ft (100 m) with screw-down crown
- Sidereal solar sighting anti-magnetic compass.
- See-through sapphire crystal faces: anti-glare, anti-fog, anti-scratch.
- Reversible front (North pole) & back (South pole) faces; unlike the northern hemisphere, in the southern the sun makes its 360° transit from right to left).
- Limited quantity produced: 1500 units made, at an original retail price of US$1500.