My name is John April. I have been interested in and collected knives since I was a kid. My father always had a jackknife in his pocket, and somehow always found use for it, and I realized what a great tool it was. In my early 20's I would save up and buy higher quality factory production knives made by Benchmade and Blackjack. In 1991, I bought a Lansky sharpener and earned how to sharpen knives so they will shave hair. Over the years I could afford more expensive knives, I have collected 1800's antique knives, and the knives of some of the great 1970's custom makers. In 2004, I was walking through my woods, and I found a deer antler on the ground. I picked it up, held it in my hand, and decided I was going to make a knife with it. I took an old chef?s knife, drew a blade shape on it with a magic marker, and proceeded to cut out the shape with the $29 bench top grinding wheel I had bought to sharpen my lawn mower blades. I drilled holes, made my own copper rivets, pounded a slot through a sheet of brass with a screwdriver and hammer, cut it out and assembled it. It?s horribly made, looks terrible. However, I still have it, use it, and love it. At this moment, I am working on my 94th knife and still trying to get better every time and improve my quality, symmetry, looks and performance.
- Loveless Style Mini Chute KnifeBy: April, JohnDate Added: 10/17/18Price: $445.00
- Take Down TantoBy: April, JohnDate Added: 12/21/17Price: $495.00
- Loveless Style Mini Chute KnifeBy: April, JohnDate Added: 04/25/17Price: $445.00
- Loveless Style Mini Chute KnifeBy: April, JohnDate Added: 12/13/16Price: $445.00
- Loveless Style Chute KnifeBy: April, JohnDate Added: 10/03/16Price: $450.00
- Large Fixed Blade #81By: April, JohnDate Added: 05/10/16Price: $295.00 Sale Price: $225.00