I have been a knife user and collector since before I was really old enough to be either, and in the 1980's, I began to write about knives and knife related subjects for Blade magazine and Knife World. I continue writing today as a field editor for Blade and writer of its Your Knife Rights column and occasional contributor to Knife World.In 1990, I started making knives as a hobby. The first knives were made by the stock removal method, and I soon made my first forge and began to forge blades and attempt to make Damascus. Over the intervening years I have been fortunate enough to take classes at the American Bladesmith Society School and at John C. Campbell Folk School. In addition a number of generous knifemakers have allowed me into their shops to learn, observe, and work.Today I am a part time professional custom knifemaker. I am a Voting Member of the Knifemakers Guild, a Journeyman Smith in the American Bladesmith Society, and a voting member of Florida Knifemakers Association. Although I have made some folding knives, I primarily make fixed blade knives of almost every style. For steel, I use either 440-C or ATS-34 for stock removal blades and 52100, or Damascus for forged blades. The Damascus is of my own manufacture. I also occasionally make primitive knives from farrier?s rasps.I do sometimes make knives of a style I have previously developed, but I do not have standard models. Each knife is, in some way, unique, and many are truly one-of-a-kind pieces. I am always looking for new projects and will take a special commission if I feel it is something I can do to both my and the purchaser's satisfaction. I usually have some knives on hand, and I attend the Knifemakers Guild Show each year.
- Damascus Friction FolderBy: Bray, LowellDate Added: 09/28/18Price: $225.00 Sale Price: $210.00
- Friction FolderBy: Bray, LowellDate Added: 06/13/17Price: $225.00
- Upswept Fixed BladeBy: Bray, LowellDate Added: 02/28/17Price: $180.00
- Boot Knife with Leather SheathBy: Bray, LowellDate Added: 11/18/15Price: $200.00
- Drop Point Utility KnifeBy: Bray, LowellDate Added: 10/29/13Price: $175.00
- Engraved Drop Point HunterBy: Bray, LowellDate Added: 03/22/13Price: $325.00
- HunterBy: Bray, LowellDate Added: 11/16/12Price: $295.00