I have been a knife user and collector since before I was really old enough to be either, and in the 1980's, I began to write about knives and knife related subjects for Blade magazine and Knife World. I continue writing today as a field editor for Blade and writer of its Your Knife Rights column and occasional contributor to Knife World.In 1990, I started making knives as a hobby. The first knives were made by the stock removal method, and I soon made my first forge and began to forge blades and attempt to make Damascus. Over the intervening years I have been fortunate enough to take classes at the American Bladesmith Society School and at John C. Campbell Folk School. In addition a number of generous knifemakers have allowed me into their shops to learn, observe, and work.Today I am a part time professional custom knifemaker. I am a Voting Member of the Knifemakers Guild, a Journeyman Smith in the American Bladesmith Society, and a voting member of Florida Knifemakers Association. Although I have made some folding knives, I primarily make fixed blade knives of almost every style. For steel, I use either 440-C or ATS-34 for stock removal blades and 52100, or Damascus for forged blades. The Damascus is of my own manufacture. I also occasionally make primitive knives from farrier?s rasps.I do sometimes make knives of a style I have previously developed, but I do not have standard models. Each knife is, in some way, unique, and many are truly one-of-a-kind pieces. I am always looking for new projects and will take a special commission if I feel it is something I can do to both my and the purchaser's satisfaction. I usually have some knives on hand, and I attend the Knifemakers Guild Show each year.
- Damascus Fixed Blade w/ Red Eyed Dragon Scrim and Wooden StandBy: Bray, LowellDate Added: 03/25/16Price: $575.00 Sale Price: $500.00
- Black Widow BowieBy: Bray, LowellDate Added: 10/17/14Price: $625.00 Sale Price: $550.00
- Endangered Florida Creatures SetBy: Bray, LowellDate Added: 01/17/14Price: $775.00 Sale Price: $500.00
- Damascus Bear KnifeBy: Bray, LowellDate Added: 06/26/12Price: $575.00
- Damascus BowieBy: Bray, LowellDate Added: 06/26/12Price: $575.00 Sale Price: $525.00
- Shark WharncliffBy: Bray, LowellDate Added: 11/23/11Price: $525.00
- Damascus Eagle Drop PointBy: Bray, LowellDate Added: 11/23/11Price: $595.00