Growing up in western Pennsylvania, I spent much of my time in the hills behind my house, hunting with my Remington 22 and a Western hunting knife, both of which I still have. Even at a young age, I had an interest in knives and decided to pursue that interest in the mid 1980’s, using the Stock Removal Method. Trying my hand at primarily hunters, a few custom bowies and daggers using Stainless Steel. After receiving a lot of interest, I designed and sold my first custom knife in 1991. Taking an early retirement from the glazing trade in 1993, I decided to expand my interest in knife making and made contact with fourth generation Blacksmith, Karl Shroen who introduced me to the forge. I attended the first California Hammer-In, which further peaked my interest in the forged blade and joined the American Bladesmith Society. In 2001, I enrolled in the Introduction to Bladesmithing at the William F. Moran School of Bladesmithing in Washington, Arkansas passing the cut and bend process under Mastersmith Jay Hendrickson. Since receiving my Journeyman Smith certification in 2002, my main focus has been on forging one of a kind pieces of my own design. Employing materials that will best enhance the knife.
- Stag Toothpick DaggerBy: McClure, MikeDate Added: 12/03/19Price: $395.00 Sale Price: $195.00
- Boot KnifeBy: McClure, MikeDate Added: 03/16/18Price: $360.00
- Slim FighterBy: McClure, MikeDate Added: 03/02/11Price: $395.00
- Damascus Push DaggerBy: McClure, MikeDate Added: 09/04/09Price: $375.00
- Damascus Push DaggerBy: McClure, MikeDate Added: 07/22/04Price: $295.00