The CBA-01 (Compact Battle Axe) from Halfbreed Blades, is a tactical axe made ready for extreme Hardcore use as an impact tool. Designed for military personnel who require a more compact axe, the CBA is capable of devastating performance in any theatre.
Unique to the CBA is a dual edge cutting head, designed for material destruction and prepared with razor-sharp cutting edges. The CBA's pommel is ideally suited for crushing and incorporates a large lanyard hole for the attachment of a carabineer or rope lanyard, whilst the G10 clad, 3D CNC machined handle has been designed for multiple handhold positions to suit single or double-handed use.
Some of the tasks we expect you will use our CBA-01 for include chopping, hammering, digging, cutting, as a climbing aid, defeating locks, smashing windows & windscreens, and raking out their frames, smashing steel clad doors, and breaking through walls including those made of brick.
The CBA-01 is expertly constructed from Austrian K110 (D2) tool steel. This material choice was introduced by our sister brand Hardcore Hardware Australia to the impact tool category in 2010. K110 has since proven itself operationally as resilient, rugged, and reliable steel for hard use applications. The CBA-01 is finished in a robust, low-viz Teflon coating.
- One-piece full tang construction.
- Austrian made 8mm Bohler K110 (D2) tool steel. The entire tool is overbuilt for outstanding longevity.
- Proprietary heat treatment process enhances the resilience of K110 (D2) to shock, yielding exceptional performance.
- Easy to maintain razor-sharp duel cutting edges.
- Hard-wearing, low friction Teflon coating mitigates glare and protects against corrosion. Available in black, dark earth, and ranger green colour options.
- US made G10 handle scales are ergonomically contoured for less abrasion with non-gloved hands.
- Bevelled edges. The entire perimeter of the handle and portions of the axe head controlled by direct contact with the hand are machine bevelled to reduce abrasion and increase comfort.
- Jimping at key points along the grip enhances handling characteristics.
- Handle scales are secured by steel torx fittings.
- Crusher pommel ideally suited for breaking glass and other destruction tasks.
- Pommel lanyard hole allows for paracord attachment.
- US made Kydex. We believe the carry system supplied with our tools is as important as the tool it protects. Each sheath is precision molded for secure retention and easy maintenance. A friction lock system holds the axe snugly in its sheath, added retention is offered via a quick release safety strap with press-stud. All CBA-01 sheaths are PALS/MOLLE compatible and come supplied with two primary attachment options including Belt & PALS/MOLLE.
- To complete the package, the CBA-01 is presented in our signature foam lined presentation case complete with warranty statement, certificate of authenticity, specifications card, morale patch, and vinyl logo sticker.
Description: Compact Battle Axe
Action: Axe / Double Headed
Axe Steel: K110 D2 (55-56 HRC)
Axe Edge: Plain Polished
Axe Finish: Teflon Coated
Axe Style: Battle
Axe Head Lengths: 2.99" (76mm)
Axe Thickness: 0.31" (8mm)
Handle Material: G10
Handle Thickness: 1.14" (29mm)
Overall Length: 12.59" (320mm)
Sheath Type: Molded Kydex / Safety Strap
Sheath Weight: 7.87oz. (223g)
Axe Weight: 34.28oz. (972g)
Overall Weight: 42.15oz. (1195g)
Mounting: Belt & PALS/MOLLE
Comes with original packaging. Excellent condition.