An exciting entry in Kershaw's automatic series is the Launch 5. Designed by Emerson and USA-built by Kershaw, this handsome auto takes Emerson’s tactical looks to the next level of refinement.
The Launch 5's CPM-154 powdered metallurgy blade steel offers more uniform distribution of carbides—so it takes and holds an excellent edge. It also provides good corrosion resistance, wear resistance, and toughness. The blade is DLC coated for an additional measure of blade protection and non-reflective good looks.
To lighten the Launch 5's weight, the handles and integrated backspacer are made of durable anodized aluminum. A machined texture on the handles provides a secure grip. The Launch 5 opens with a push button, recessed so that it is level with the flat of the handle. This is a safety feature and makes it harder for the knives to accidentally deploy. Left-handers can use their index finger instead of their thumb to press the blade-release/lock button. A reversible pocket clip is included and a lanyard tie-off is built into the butt end of the knife.
- Push-Button Lock - Found on the Kershaw Folding Saw, It locks the saw blade open during use, then releases with the push of a button.
- Made In The USA - When you see this on one of our knives, it means the knife was made in our Tualatin, Oregon manufacturing facility by skilled Kershaw knifemakers.
- Reversible - Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Blade Length: 3.4" (8.6 cm)
- Closed Length: 5.1" (13 cm)
- Overall Length: 8.5" (21.6 cm)
- Blade Material: CPM-154 Stainless Steel
- Blade Style: Clip Point
- Blade Finish: Black DLC
- Handle Material: Anodized Aluminum
- Locking Mechanism: Push Button
- Weight: 4.1 oz. (116.2 g)
- Designer: Ernest Emerson
- Made in the USA
Comes with a zippered case. Has a couple light scuffs, otherwise excellent condition.