The Pocket Smatchet boasts a long and interesting history. The original Smatchet was designed by knife-making legends Rex Applegate and William Fairbairn. It was made to be a tactical tool with the speed and agility of a knife, and the takedown power of a machete; perfect for use in close combat situations in World War II. In the years since, custom knife maker Chuck Gedraitis adapted the historic design into an EDC-friendly folder: the Pocket Smatchet. Gedraitis, Blade HQ, and Boker have teamed up to bring this custom knife homage to life as a production model. This distinctive folder doesn't just catch the eye, it also benefits from the practical design of its predecessor. Pick up this pocket-worthy folder and wield a bit of sharpened history through your day-to-day.
This Blade HQ Exclusive Boker Pocket Smatchet features a black VG10 blade and a rosewood handle.
- Black finished dagger blade made of VG-10 stainless steel.
- Thumb disc opener with a ball bearing pivot.
- Grooved rosewood handle scales over black steel liners.
- Stainless steel liner lock.
- Milled stainless steel pocket clip for right hand, tip-up carry.
Comes with original box and papers. Excellent condition. The box was signed by Chuck Gedraitis.